For all in-ground pools, thepool enclosure is an essential element in guaranteeing the safety and comfort of its owners. There are many types ofpool enclosure on the market: straight, rounded, sliding, fixed or telescopic… We’ll help you make the right choice for your pool enclosure.
Why install a pool enclosure?
The installation of protective equipment around swimming pools was made compulsory in January 2003 by standard NF P 90-309, to prevent drowning. Since this standard was introduced, pool enclosures must comply with the law in terms of strength and safety.
In addition to this obligation, opting for a pool enclosure protects your pool and extends the season. A pool enclosure naturally increases water and air temperature, so you can enjoy your pool for longer.
A pool enclosure also saves you money, especially when it comes topool maintenance. By protecting the water’s surface, your shelter prevents waste from weathering and pollution. You’ll save money on pool maintenance, while keeping your water clean and healthy.
There are many different types of pool enclosures to choose from, depending on your pool and your preferences. If you’re still not sure which one to choose, take a look at the features of the different pool enclosures available on the market.
What are the different types of pool enclosure?
- The removable shelter. This is the most economical option. Its lightweight modules are easy to move around your pool.
- The lift-up shelter. It consists of vaulted modules around the pool that can be raised to access the pool.
. It can be fully opened to reveal the whole pool. The various elements of the enclosure fit together to reveal and cover the pool.
- Sliding pool enclosure. It consists of two modules of different widths that slide into each other.
- The semi-sliding shelter. It uses the same principle as the sliding shelter, but one of the two modules is fixed.
- The inflatable pool cover. It’s made of a transparent, inflated PVC fabric.
- The folding shelter. These are flexible, transparent canvases attached to lightweight structures.
- The greenhouse. The rounded frame is protected by a transparent fabric.
Discover the different types of shelters offered by our partner Abridéal!
How much does a pool cover cost?
The cost of a pool enclosure varies enormously depending on its composition, size and, above all, the type of enclosure you choose. The budget can vary from €1,500 to over €50,000 for the most expensive models! The fixed pool enclosure is generally the most expensive, while the flip-up enclosure is much more affordable.
To make the best choice for your needs, we advise you to get in touch with a professional who will take the time to study your requirements and suggest the solution best suited to your project.Configure your pool online Back to news