Aboral is committed to protecting your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will be happy to help you.
Table of contents
- Definitions used in this policy
- The data protection principles we follow
- What are your rights concerning your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How we use your personal data
- Who else has access to your personal data?
- How we secure your data
- Cookie information
- Contact information
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or sets of personal data.
Data subject – an individual whose personal data is processed.
Child – an individual under the age of 16.
We (capitalized or not) – Aboral
Data protection principles
We are committed to the following data protection principles:
- Processing is legal, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have a legal basis. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information on data processing on request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose for which it is intended. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- Processing is carried out with a minimum of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any given purpose.
- Treatment is limited in time. We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Rights of the person concerned
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – which means you have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is collected, where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right of access – this means that you have the right to access the data collected from or about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data that has been collected.
- Right of rectification – this means that you have the right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – this means that, in certain circumstances, you can request that your personal data be deleted from our files.
- Right to restrict processing – i.e. where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – this means that in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – this means that you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right can be exercised whenever a profiling result produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if possible, in the form of a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to complain – if we refuse your request for access rights, we will tell you why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right to assistance from the supervisory authority – this means that you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
The data we collect
Information provided by you
This may include your e-mail address, your name, your billing address, your home address, and so on. – mainly information needed to deliver a product/service to you or to improve your customer experience with us. We store the information you provide so that you can make comments or carry out other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, information relating to your shopping cart, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or consult the content of our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
We collect information from our trusted partners by confirming that they have legal grounds to disclose it to us. This is either information you have provided to them directly, or information they have collected about you for other legal reasons. See the list of our partners here.
Information available to the public
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to :
- to provide you with our service. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing other products and services you have requested, providing promotional items at your request and communicating with you in connection with such products and services, communicating and interacting with you and notifying you of changes to any services.
- improve your customer experience;
- fulfill a legal or contractual obligation ;
- let you know as soon as an offer matches your requirements.
We use your personal data for legitimate purposes and/or with your consent.
For the purposes of concluding a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify yourself ;
- to provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or billing purposes.
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- administer and analyze our customer base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
As long as you have not informed us to the contrary, we consider that our legitimate interest is to offer you products/services that are similar or identical to your purchase history/browsing behavior.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes for which we have requested your consent.
We process your personal data in order to fulfil obligations arising from the law and/or to use your personal data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize personal data collected and to use such data. We will only use data outside the scope of this policy if it is anonymized. We retain your billing information and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or to meet other legal obligations, but no longer than the “lifetime” of the personal data as defined by the CNIL.
We may process your personal data for additional purposes not listed here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will ensure that :
- the link between the purposes, the context and the nature of the personal data is appropriate for further processing;
- your interests would not be prejudiced by further processing, and
- there would be an appropriate guarantee for the treatment.
We will inform you of any further processing and its purpose.
Who else can access your personal data?
We do not share your personal data with strangers. In certain cases, your personal data is communicated to our trusted partners in order to enable the provision of the service or to improve your experience as a customer.
We only work with processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to ensure the security of your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymity and pseudonymity where appropriate. We monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks.
Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. However, we undertake to inform the competent authorities in the event of a data breach. We will also inform you if your rights or interests are threatened. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and to assist the authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please note that you must keep your username and password secret.
It is not our intention to knowingly collect or harvest information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help the site function. Only we have access to the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies through your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to use certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are necessary for you to be able to use certain important functions of our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionalities that make using our service more convenient and allow us to provide more personalized features. For example, they can remember your name and e-mail address in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information the next time you comment.
- Analytical cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to serve ads that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad. They are generally placed on the website by advertising networks with the authorization of the website operator. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies are linked to site functionalities provided by the other organization.
You can delete cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. You can also control certain third-party cookies by using a privacy-enhancing platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
The last modification dates from September 25, 2020.