Before you start building building your polyester shell swimming poolhave you ever wondered about the administrative procedures to achieve? Depending on the type of pool you choose (
mini pool
If you’re planning to build a new swimming pool (e.g. mini-pool, standard pool, large pool), you’ll need to find out in advance what administrative formalities are required before starting work.

Building permits or declaration préalable de travaux… These prior authorizations are essential if you want to avoid a fine of up to 300,000 euros!

Find out more, Aboral takes a closer look at the various steps you need to take to comply with the rules.


As part of the construction of a mini swimming pool


You want to build a mini pool in your garden but don’t know what steps to take? In theory, you won’t need any prior authorization to start work… Unless your small swimming pool is located near a protected area, historic site or listed monument.

To avoid any mistakes, your Aboral pool specialist recommends that you contact the town planning department from your town hall. Indeed, some local planning regulations may impose specific restrictions.


For a standard pool (between 10m2 and 100m2)


If you’re planning to install a polyester shell pool with dimensions between 10 m2 and 100 m2You’ll have to declare the work to your local council. This preliminary building declaration authorizes the authorities to check that your pool project complies with the planning regulations in force in your commune. To obtain this document, nothing could be simpler:

  • First, fill in the appropriate Cerfa form and add any supporting documents (plot plan, photograph, etc.);
  • Once you have completed the file, submit it to the town hall of the municipality where you wish to install your shell pool.


Once the application has been submitted, it will take between 1 and 2 months to receive a response from the town hall. Once you have received a positive reply, you will have 2 years to begin the building your shell pool. However, if your answer is negative, you will have 2 months to ask the town hall to reconsider your request!


For large pools (over 100m)2)


Your pool will be larger than 100 m2 ? Remember to ask for a planning permission at your local town hall. To be valid, your request must include :

  • The building building permit completed ;
  • Supporting documents: site plan and photo of plot, description of construction project, etc.


Just like the prior building declarationthe response to a building permit generally takes place 1 to 2 months after the application has been submitted.

Please note: as soon as you have obtained your building permit, remember to make your building site opening declaration to start work!


Now you know everything you need to know about the administrative formalities involved in delivery of your polyester pool. To make sure you’re in the clear, don’t forget to submit a declaration of work completion to your tax office within three months! That’s right, installing a swimming pool in your garden will add considerable value to your home and, as a result, increase your
local taxes

To find out more about this subject, please contact us directly.
our experts
They’ll be happy to answer all your questions!

Configure your pool online Back to news